Duncklee & Dunham worked with a nationwide industrial company to address environmental contamination and redevelop two sites in North Carolina into brand-new state-of-the-art facilities. The use of the Redevelopment Now option with the North Carolina Brownfields Section allowed the entire process to occur within the last 3 years.
Duncklee & Dunham implemented multiple phases of environmental services to prepare the sites for redevelopment. We provided the following services for the client:
- Initial Phase I ESA in which we identified previous activities which adversely affected the sites;
- Phase II activities including monitoring well installation, monitoring well abandonment, and water supply well abandonment as well as groundwater, soil, sediment, and surface water sampling;
- Submit Brownfields Property Application;
- Prepare Plat Map, Brownfields Agreement, and successfully complete the public notice process;
- Additional Phase I’s for the client to acquire surrounding properties for the potential growth of facilities;
- Asbestos containing materials assessment and demolition oversight;
- Conduct UXO Survey;
- Characterize and oversee the movement of approximately 30,000 cubic yards of soil;
- Determination and testing of borrow material being used as fill;
- Provide consistent communication between the client and the brownfields section; and,
- Same-day mobilizations to the site in response to calls from the client;
- Preparation of SPCC and SWPPP Plans.
Ultimately, the industrial company invested approximately $250,000,000 into these landmark projects which brought over 1,500 jobs to two rural areas. We are proud to be an integral part of the efforts to redevelop these sites in order to bolster economic growth in North Carolina.